iCOOLgeeks has made Tesla’s Electric Mist, the company’s app, free for the next 48 hours on all iOS and Android devices through the Apple, Google Play and Amazon App Stores. Tesla’s Electric Mist is normally $1.99. The free promotion only runs through 24, and it’s in celebration of the release of iCOOLgeeks’ new point-and-click adventure Mount Olympus.
Tesla’s Electric Mist has been featured in the following places:
* Featured on Amazon’s Top 100 list
* Featured on AppAdvice – “Today’s Best Apps” (Dec. 1st, 2012)
* Featured on TouchMyApps – “10 New App Store Games To Watch [November 26 – December 2]”
* Featured on AppAdvice – “What Secrets Exist In Tesla’s Electric Mist?” (Dec. 2nd, 2012)
* Featured on TouchArcade – Nominated for “Game of the week” (Dec. 5th, 2013)
* Featured on Android-Games “The Top 10 Android Games of the Week – December 16, 2012”
* Featured on iPhoneLife – (Jan. 11th, 2013)
* Featured on AppUnWrapper – Complete walk-through guide.
* Featured on AppStorm – “12 Old-School Point-And-Click Adventure Games” (June 3rd, 2013)
Tesla’s Electric Mist is a classic point-and-click adventure game revolving around the mysterious Nikola Tesla, a time traveling device he invented, and a big experiment gone wrong for the citizens of Colorado Springs in 1899. The elegant graphics of the game really bring the creative puzzles and story to life. Search for clues and solve the puzzles as the imaginative story unfolds. Here are some comments from previous reviews:
iPhoneLife on 01/11/2013:
“There’s no question that the developer has a deep fondness for this style of game play, and there are plenty of puzzles to solve and mini-games to conquer. … The visuals are pretty slick. … Adventure game fans won’t be disappointed with this offering. The world looks great, the puzzles are designed to keep everything moving at a decent pace, and there’s more than enough to do to make the journey feel worthwhile. I’m eager to see what adventures iCoolGeeks will take us on next.”
TouchMyApps on 12/02/2012:
“… I was so excited to see it finally come out. … There is plenty of challenge, but you’ll never feel like you’ve really gotten stuck anywhere. The graphics are among the best I’ve seen in an iOS adventure game, and there’s enough to do that you’ll never get bored. … this is one top notch product.”
AppStorm on 06/03/2013:
“Framed as a Myst-like adventure, Tesla’s Electric Mist eschews comedy and dialogue for mystery and extra puzzles. … It won’t drive you crazy or consume your life for days on end, but it’ll exercise your brain for a few hours.”
Android-Games on 12/16/2012:
“Looking for an adventure full of mystery, intrigue, and electricity? … can you say kick ass?”
In Tesla’s Electric Mist, iCOOLgeeks really wanted to create a world and story that you could immerse yourself in for a while as you wander the streets of Colorado Springs, or search through Tesla’s work shop. It was important to us that the puzzles be fun, challenging, and that they build upon the story and lead seamlessly into the next puzzle.
In the game, you are the hero. Your family has a history with the great Nikola Tesla, inventor of the radio, alternating current, and patent holder of hundreds of electrical inventions. Your great-great-grandfather worked for Tesla in Colorado Springs around the turn of the century. A family secret has been passed down over the generations since then, that some day Tesla would need your family’s help once more. What this means, no one in your family really knows. But the time has come, and you will be the one to answer the call.
Using a time traveling device invented by Tesla, you travel back in time to Colorado Springs, and only you will have it in your power to save the people of Colorado Springs, and in fact, Tesla himself, from an experiment gone terribly wrong.
* The classic point and click adventure game re-imagined for touch devices
* Elegant artwork in every scene
* A story line that draws you into the mystery
* Almost 200 scenes with dozens of puzzles that build upon each other
* Beautiful soundtrack and sound effects
* In-game hint guide, for those tough to beat puzzles
* A dynamic map that keeps track of your progress
* Important clues you come across are recorded automatically in your trusty notepad
* Professionally translated into several languages – with more to come
* Currently available for iOS – Android, Kindle Fire, and Nook versions to be out soon
*iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 151 MB