Athens, Greece – Genius Dog, a start-up company dedicated to creating high quality video games, is announcing its first release: Dark Dawn. The game is slated for release in September 2013, upon successful completion of its Kickstarter Campaign. It will first appear on Android and iOS for $0.99, with PC, Mac, Linux and Ouya to follow.
The player controls Korak, one of the few intelligent survivors of a war-torn Earth. He witnessed the return of mankind from the skies: humans who had taken refuge at a space station, returned to re-populate their planet. But instead of aid, he found himself cast away, thrown to the slums with the other survivors: the mutants. Now, enemy to both sides, he sets off on a journey to harness a hidden power within…
* 10 Unique Locations with Different Weather and Time Zones
* 20 Highly Detailed and Customizable Weapons (Both Ranged and Melee)
* 7 Different Enemies of Varying Ability and Difficulty
* Customizable Player Abilities
* Game Mirrors Player Time Zone and the Difficulty Adjusts Accordingly
* Original Soundtrack and Effects
* Hand-Painted Graphics and Smooth Animation
* Innovative Gameplay Mechanics
* Intuitive, Streamlined Controls
* Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards
* Community Involvement Via Kickstarter
Dark Dawn successfully combines the old and the new, as a 2D side-scroller action game with modern, stylistic graphics. It boasts a wide variety of locations, weapons and enemies. All of these are affected by a unique Day/Night mechanic that mirrors the time zone of the player. When played at night, the game is more difficult, with the mutants becoming stronger and ammo and power-ups appearing less frequently. Korak can collect money to upgrade his weapons and gain passive abilities to defeat the horde of mutants.
Headquartered in Athens, Greece, Genius Dog is a company dedicated to creating high quality video games. Copyright (C) 2013 Genius Dog. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.