If your kids use your iPhone or iPod and YouTube, chances are you’d like to implement some parental controls. Today, Ice Labs released a new app called liltube developed specifically for small children that limits only those videos that parents find suitable for them to watch. The secure parental control section is inside the app, where you can search and select videos that your kids can watch. Protecting your little ones from wandering off to evil, insane and violent videos.
“My 2.8 year old loves to watch YouTube videos. However thanks to the YouTube recommendation engine and video adverts, it’s easy for her to wander off to videos she shouldn’t be watching.” said Jamal Mohammed, owner of ICE LABS. “As a loving and caring parent, plus being a developer, all I could do was to build an app tailored to play only the videos that parents find suitable for our little angels. And today we are excited to present you with our liltube app.”
* Passcode protected access to parental controls
* Select playlist to be shown for your kids
* Remove videos from selected playlist
* Search and add new videos to selected playlist
* Simple to use interface for your kids, just tap and play videos
* Settings synced across multiple devices using the same YouTube login
“My daughter finds it easy to use the app, as the UI is specifically designed to be simple for little kids,” continues Mohammed. “My wife and I are at ease knowing that our daughter is safe from watching inappropriate videos. We hope you too as a parent would find our liltube app useful and keep your kids safe from watching inappropriate videos.”
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, and iPod touch (4th/5th generation)
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 5.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
liltube 1.0 is only $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.