Word Slug, the first publicly released game from Altered Edges, LLC, is available now. The app offers an interactive word game experience with quirky slug characters and head-to-head play. It mixes standard build-a-word play with point bonuses based on the composition of the word. Often the number of tiles played is less important than finding words that match the revolving bonus criteria. Players find the game easy to play yet challenging to master, giving it lasting appeal.
* Head-to-Head Game Play – Players can challenge random opponents or friends
* Easy to Play, Hard to Master – Mixing standard build-a-word play with the Game Slugs makes for a simple game to pick up and play – Maximizing points takes a bit more skill when a shorter word can be worth much more than the longer option by meeting the Game Slugs’ criteria for point bonuses
* Robo Slug Opponent to Allow Solo Play – The computer opponent, Robo Slug, allows for a fast-paced back and forth games.
* Free to Play – Players may spend small amounts of money to enhance their gameplay experience, though the full game can be played without paying
* Slime ‘Em Option – A player doesn’t like their cards? The fun option is to swap cards with their opponent by using Slime ‘Em
* Word Boosts to Increase Scores – Players can use Word Boosts like Word Rank, Game Slug Swap and High Point to pull ahead of opponents
* Quirky and Cute Slug Avatars – Players can select from a large variety of Slug characters to represent them in the game
* Share with Social Media – Players can share their top word or top game score with friends via Facebook
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 37.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Word Slug is Free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Games category. There is also an Android version available on Google Play.