The cult classic This Is Spinal Tap is coming to Blu-ray Disc in January, MGM announced today, marking the first chance Blu-ray owners will have to see Rob Reiner’s debut in high definition.
This is Spinal Tap introduced mock documentaries to mainstream American audiences, as it followed the three members of a fictional (and also-ran) heavy-metal/hard rock band while satirizing their wild behaviors and musical pretensions. This is Spinal Tap is so revered by movie buffs that it sits proudly atop Entertainment Weekly’s Top 50 Cult Movies of All Time list.
The This is Spinal Tap BD release will be authored in BD-Java presented in widescreen format (1.78:1 aspect ratio) with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Audio. Here’s the full list of bonus features:
- NEW Create Your Own Band Game: Create and customize your very own rock star avatars
- Commentary by Spinal Tap
- Commentary by Christopher Guest, Michael McKean and Harry Shearer
- Commentary by Director Rob Reiner, Producer Karen Murphy and Editors Robert Leighton and Kent Beyda
- Deleted Scenes
- Flower People Press Conference
- Spinal Tap appearance on The Joe Franklin Show
- Music Videos
- Gimme Some Money
- (Listed to the) Flower People
- Hell Hole
- Big Bottom
- Theatrical Trailer
- Cheese Rolling Trailer
- Rock and Rolls Commercials
Click the following link to pre-order This Is Spinal Tap on Blu-ray.