Paramount will release Transformers on Blu-ray Disc on September 2, and just to get Michael Bay fans’ mouths watering, the studio today unveiled the full list of bonus features that will ship on the two-disc Blu-ray set.
Transformers will be presented in 1080p High Definition with English in Dolby True HD, and French and Spanish versions in 5.1 Dolby Digital. The Blu-ray presentation will also include BD-Live features such as a Transformers Intelligence Mode in which an on-screen dashboard over the film provides information about the robots and weapons, their strength levels, character updates, a GPS Locator and more. The Transformers Profiler can also be activated at any time during the film and allows viewers to access detailed information about the cast, voice talent and filmmakers including biographies and filmographies, as well as extensive production notes on the movie itself. In addition, Menubots can be downloaded through BD-Live and give fans the option to customize their in-movie menus with Optimus Prime, Megatron or Bumblebee themes.
Additional on-disc features include the Transformers H.U.D. (Heads Up Display), which lets viewers access running text commentary while watching the film and even view relevant behind-the-scenes footage in a picture-in-picture window; and the Tech Inspector, which delivers 360 detailed, high definition views of the heads, torsos and bases of six of the Transformers with rotational capabilities.
Now, with that out of the way, let’s get down to the full list of Blu-ray bonus features:
- Disc 1:
- Feature film
- Commentary by Director Michael Bay
- Transformers H.U.D. (Heads Up Display): In this mode, viewers can access running text-based behind-the-scenes background information on the production during the feature. Users can also watch relevant picture-in-picture b-roll and video with Bay, Spielberg and other filmmakers during select sequences.
- BD-Live Features:
- Intelligence Mode
- Transformers Profiler
- Disc 2:
- Our World
- The Story Sparks: Steven Spielberg discusses his love for the franchise and early concept art for the film. Explores how the writers adapted the cartoon into a live-action movie and why Michael Bay is the perfect director for the film.
- Human Allies: A look at how the actors were selected and their experiences on the set.
- I Fight Giant Robots: An exploration of the military training that Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson underwent for their roles and the various stunts that the actors were asked to perform.
- Battleground: A piece on the senior officials from the Department of Defense and Air Force who consulted on the film to give it authenticity and the key locations that the U.S. government provided access to.
- Their War
- Rise of the Robots: Explores the interaction between Hasbro designers and Michael Bay to bring the toy line roaring to life.
- AUTOBOTS Roll Out: Michael Bay discusses working with Chevy and its designers and the modifications that were made to the cars seen in the film.
- DECEPTICONS Strike: The film’s military advisors discuss the “toys” they allowed the production to borrow: F-22 Raptors, Ospreys and A-10 Warthogs.
- Inside the AllSpark – ILM’s digital artists discuss the challenges of bringing the Transformers to life
- Transformers Tech Inspector: Gives viewers an unprecedented look at the Transformers robots through the exquisitely detailed models created by ILM artists. Users can zoom in on each detail for a closer examination and pause and change the rotation of the models.
- More Than Meets The Eye
- From Script to Sand: The SKORPONOK Desert Attack — An in-depth look at the making of this particularly epic and challenging scene from initial storyboarding through production and visual effects.
- Concepts: Early sketch concepts of the robots.
- Theatrical Trailers