Just in time for some Thanksgiving puzzle-solving fun, Ubisoft has shipped Tetris Ultimate 3DS. Nintendo 3DS owners can now stack blocks to their heart’s content.
Tetris Ultimate 3DS is available in stores in cartridge-based form for $29.99. If you’re open to downloading it digitally through the Nintendo eShop, you can get it for $19.99.
Tetris Ultimate 3DS includes seven gameplay modes, including a new single-player Challenge mode. These modes can be played offline by up to 10 friends, or online by eight friends:
The gameplay modes in Tetris Ultimate 3DS include:
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups such as “Carousel,” which makes your opponent’s Matrix shift to the left after each move, “Let It Rain,” which dump blocks down on top of them, and “Buzz Saw,” which clears away a number of your lines
- Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can
- Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out
- Ultra – Race to score as many points as possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out challengers
- Challenge – A variety of challenges await players in four different variations: Master (the Tetriminos drop instantly and appear at the bottom), Rotation Lock (the orientations of the Tetriminos are random and you cannot rotate them), Escalation (as the game levels up, you’ll have to clear more lines), and Invisible (the Tetriminos become invisible as they drop to the bottom)
An Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PS Vita version of Tetris Ultimate will be available for download this winter.