Costume Quest fans get a sweet treat today as THQ Inc. debuts Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice, all-new downloadable content for Costume Quest on Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360, available for the anticipated price of 400 Microsoft Points.
Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice is also scheduled for download on PlayStationNetwork for the PlayStation3 on December 21 for the suggested download price of $4.99.
Costume Quest is nominated as Best Downloadable Game in the Spike Video Game Awards, and the Grubbins on Ice downloadable pack introduces a brand-new level with new adventures, new costumes and new characters.
Twins Wren and Reynold are back for an all-new adventure with friends Lucy and Everett, in Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice. When Lucy gets sucked through a magic portal, she is captured by Araxia, the monster leader who has overthrown the monster elders and is quickly making enemies. Players are taken to Repugia, a warped universe where monsters rule the land. In a twist of fate, the same kids who battled monsters in Costume Quest to save Halloween now find themselves aligned with their former foes to save Lucy against the evil Araxia and restore peace to Repugia.
The brand new downloadable pack extends Costume Quest with features that include:
- New costumes with special abilities:
- A pirate costume with a zipline ability that allows players to slide down wires using their hook hand
- An eyeball costume that has a zoom-out ability letting players see more of the environment and potentially find secrets
- A Yeti costume with the ability to shield the entire party in battle
- New characters, including the new boss Araxia; new monsters such as the Repugiarchs; and new neighbors – non-player character monsters with unique outfits
- Eight new battle stamps and 18 new “Creepy Treat” cards to collect
- All-new storyline and quests filled with Double Fine’s trademark humor and charm