The Metal Gear Online MEME Expansion has officially gotten a release date from Konami, and we’ve also learned some new details about what it will include.
The Metal Gear Online MEME Expansion will focus on squad-based, tactical-shooter action in the Metal Gear Solid Universe. Available as a bundle with Gene Expansion, MEME Expansion will be available for pre-purchase on November 18 (tomorrow) and will be officially released for download and play on November 25. It will cost $14.99, or for $9.99 via the Metal Gear Online in-game shop.
The MEME Expansion will contain new maps, special characters, new skills and the ability to play as customizable characters, among other features. The full list is below.
Two new special Metal Gear Online characters:
- Liquid Ocelot: Has the ability to manipulate the Sons of the Patriots lock system with the Guns of the Patriots ability. In multiplayer, the Guns of the Patriots deactivates targeted enemies’ entire weapon system.
- Mei Ling: Has three special techniques — Trench Mortar, Soliton Sonar, and the ability to transfix an enemy.
Additional Rules and Settings that can be played without purchasing the second expansion pack
- No Headshot Setting: In this setting, headshots do not equal instant death. Headshots will cause the same amount of damage as a regular shot to the body.
- Stealth Death Match: In this mode, you will begin the match with stealth turned on.
- Interval: In this mode, players can practice strategy and also chat with each other without worrying about ranking or records.
Official Tournament Lobby
- Enables players to compete in a series of difficult battles where the winning player wins in-game gear and/or reward points that can be spent on character customization.
New Avatar Gear that also supports character customization with comical gear.
- Crocodile Cap: featured in Metal Gear Solid 3
- New Hair Styles
- Ghillie Suite: Metal Gear Solid 3’s sniper boss camo