THQ today unveiled its complete lineup of Nickelodeon games scheduled to hit stores in 2008, including the videogame debut of The Naked Brothers Band.
OK, now that you’ve finished laughing about references to homoerotic gadgets and incest….
The slate of six games will span the Nintendo Wii and DS, as well as the PlayStation 2. Nickelodeon’s most popular franchises are well represented, with SpongeBob SquarePants, Nicktoons and The Naked Brothers Band topping the list.
Hidden among the game lineup below is the sequel to THQ’s Drawn to Life series, which debuted on the DS last year. Like last year’s game, the new Drawn to Life game will let players draw their own characters and then play as them in the game.
- Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition: Players will experience SpongeBob SquarePants like never before by drawing their own character and populate the world of Bikini Bottom. Using the DS stylus, players will create their character, defeat DoodleBob’s rogue drawings and rescue SpongeBob and his friends. Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition is scheduled to be a DS exclusive.
- The Naked Brothers Band: The Videogame: This music-based game will let players play as The Naked Brothers Band by embarking on a nationwide tour in which they sing, play multiple instruments, control stage effects and even create live concert videos. The game will include 25 of The Naked Brothers Band’s greatest hits when it ships later this year for PS2, Wii and DS.
- Avatar – The Last Airbender: Into the Inferno: Players will play as Aang and friends in this game based on the final season of the like-named TV series. Players will be able to interact with characters from the TV show while performing martial-arts moves with the Wii Remote. Avatar – The Last Airbender: Into the Inferno will release on the PS2, Wii and DS.
- SpongeBob SquarePants featuring Nicktoons: Globs of Doom: This adventure game will include 10 playable characters from some of Nickelodeon’s most popular shows and will take place in numerous locations such as Retroville, Amity Park and Bikini Bottom. Players will play cooperatively as heroes as well as villains in their combined attempt to defeat the Morphoids. The game is scheduled for release on PS2, Wii and DS.
- Tak and the Guardians of Gross: Tak and the Guardians of Gross follows the shaman’s apprentice as he visits the Spoiled Shrine and accidentally removes a strange crystal that releases the four giant Grosstrosities. The action will be focused on “parkour” action that sees players running on walls, sliding down poles and swinging on vines to navigate the levels. The game will appear on PS2 and Wii. A separate game, Tak Mojo Mistake, is scheduled to release on the DS.
- Back at the Barnyard: Slop Bucket Games (working title): This Nickelodeon series will stampede exclusively on the Nintendo DS and have players compete in the first annual Slop Bucket Games, a series of sporting events and reinvented classic arcade games with barnyard motifs. The game will be a DS exclusive.