During its Leipzig Games Convention press conference, Electronic Arts announced the ensemble cast for Command & Conquer Red Alert 3. Two of the names in particular will be popular with the 20-something male crowd: Playboy Playmate Jenny McCarthy and MMA star Randy Couture.
For the more-refined and/or older crowd, George Takei will also join the all-star cast. All three of them, as well as the full list of actors below, will appear in the game’s live-action movie sequences, a calling card of sorts for the C&C franchise.
“I wasn’t sure what to expect when I came in to work on a video game,” said Jenny McCarthy, who plays Tanya, an Allied commando and the most beloved heroine in the history of the Command & Conquer universe. “What I realized is Red Alert 3 is not just a video game, it’s absolutely an interactive movie. This is where the people at home get to move the story forward, and where seeing the plot thicken is a reward for a job well done. And that’s really cool.”
Hmmm, an interactive movie? Let’s hope that’s just her interpretation, not a sign that EA is bringing gamers back to the world of Dragon’s Lair.
The full cast of Red Alert 3 is as follows:
- Gemma Atkinson (the UK’s Hollyoaks)
- Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Hunt for Red October)
- Andrew Divoff (LOST)
- Kelly Hu (X2, The Scorpion King)
- Jenny McCarthy (Scream 3, former Playboy Playmate of the Year)
- Ivana Milicevic (Casino Royale)
- Jonathan Pryce (Pirates of the Caribbean)
- J.K. Simmons (Spider-Man, Juno)
- Autumn Reeser (The OC)
- Peter Stormare (Prison Break, Armageddon)
- George Takei (Star Trek, Heroes)
- Randy Couture (former UFC Heavyweight champion)
- Gina “Conviction” Carano (Undefeated Elite XC fighter, American Gladiators)
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 is set to ship this fall for the PC and Xbox 360.