Fanatec today announced the upcoming release and price of its Porsche 911 Turbo Racing Wheel, a leather wheel that works for racing games on both the PlayStation 3 and PC.
Fantec’s Porsche 911 Turbo Racing Wheel offers an authentic look and feel that accurately mimics a genuine Porsche racing feeling when playing games such as Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Racedriver: GRID and rFactor, among others.
The high-end wheel retails for $349.99 and will be available for purchase here in May.
Fully licensed by Porsche, the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Racing Wheel offers wireless USB technology for the wheel and pedals, three force-feedback motors and a smooth belt drive, 6+1 speed H-pattern gear stick with realistic shifting feel, and authentic wireless pedals with realistic clutch pedal (with declining resistance) and brake with soft-stop.
The wheel itself is covered with automotive-grade leather.
Other key features of the Porsche 911 Racing Wheel include:
- TUNING display that allows gamers to change settings like sensitivity or Force Feedback during gameplay
- Adjustable turning angle to make changes directly on the wheel to 900 degrees, 360 degrees, 180 degrees or in 1-degree steps by software
- Extra strong Force Feedback effects via the Mabuchi RS 550 Motor
- Additional Force Feedback actuators in the wheel itself
- Extra smooth and silent belt drive without mechanical dead zone
- Two separate shifters: H-pattern and sequential
- Illuminated buttons to show different symbols whether you connect the wheel to the PS3 or PC
- 1 GB USB flash drive — in the shape of a Porsche key — containing the driver and manual