First-person shooter fans who prefer fragging with a mouse more than a gamepad will have a new controller option this fall, as FRAGFX today announced a hybrid Xbox 360 controller that incorporates mouse controls and a Wii Remote-like controller. Called the FRAGFX Shark 360, the hybrid game controller will be available at the end of August.
The FRAGFX Shark 360 provides a PC mouse-like FPS experience for Xbox 360 owners and has a fully programmable analog stick counterpart that makes it possible for hardcore PC FPS fans to enjoy their favorite shooters on Xbox 360, MAC or PC. Players can intuitively aim with a mouse and adjust sensitivity on the fly while using advanced functions like button remapping, turbo and wrist flick melee. The FRAGFX Shark 360 is optimized for FPS shooters but also has all the functions of a regular Xbox 360 controller so it can be used for all games. Like Modern Warfare 3 or Gears of War 3, for instance.
Gamers do not have to go through complex procedures for button mapping or sensitivity adjustments, as the FRAGFX Shark 360 is designed for simple and intuitive on-the-fly customization. Also, just like the original FRAGFX Shark, the FRAGFX Shark 360 has a battery life of 50 hours of gameplay and 500 hours of standby on 2 AA batteries.
Here are some of the hybrid controller’s key features:
- 2 AA batteries (not included)
- NEW 50h + play time
- NEW 500h + power save standby
- Play with the mouse on the Xbox 360 as you would do on a PC
- Full Xbox 360 PC and MAC support, either as a gamepad or mouse/keyboard control
- Fast access to special features (eg macro, rapid-fire, button swap, stick swap, etc.)
- Brand new wireless technology to 2.4 GHz
- Plug and Play
- On-the-fly dead zone adjustment wheel
- SixAxis support (for PS3 play)