The original Master Chief experience, Halo: Combat Evolved, is making its grand high-definition appearance on Xbox 360 next week, as Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary edition ships to retail on Nov. 15. The day before, on Nov. 14, Microsoft is hosting a series of special launch events at its Microsoft Stores. If you live near one of those stores, we thought you might want to learn more about what’s going on.
At the stroke of midnight on Tuesday, Nov. 15, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will ship to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the original Xbox classic. Starting at 10 p.m. local time on Monday, Nov. 14, 13 Microsoft Stores in the United States will welcome fans to face off against fellow attendees in classic, 16-player Red vs. Blue matches. In addition to the playtime, there will also be free Monster Energy drinks and pizza. The first 100 fans in line at each store will receive special Halo swag, including a Halo: Anniversary poster, a Red or Blue team identifier and more. Everyone who participates in a launch event tournament will have a chance to win a limited-edition Halo: Anniversary Xbox 360 console skin and other special prizes.
Additionally, the first 100 fans who purchase Halo: Anniversary will receive a limited-edition Grunt plushie. Customers who preorder the game at Microsoft Stores will receive a $25 gift card for future purchases. Fans in select cities will also have a chance to meet developers from 343 Industries and Certain Affinity, as well as the creators of the “Red vs. Blue” machinima.
The Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary launch events will take place in the following stores/cities:
- Atlanta, Georgia (Lenox Square Mall)
- Bellevue, Washington (Bellevue Square Mall)
- Bloomington, Minnesota (Mall of America)
- Costa Mesa, California (South Coast Plaza)
- Houston, Texas (Houston Galleria) — Special appearance by Certain Affinity developers and the creators of “Red vs. Blue”
- Lone Tree, Colorado (Park Meadows Mall)
- Los Angeles, California (Westfield Century City) — Special appearance by “Halo” franchise development director Frank O’Connor and the 343 team
- Mission Viejo, California (The Shops at Mission Viejo)
- Oak Brook, Illinois (Oakbrook Center)
- San Diego, California (Fashion Valley Mall)
- Santa Clara, California (Westfield Valley Fair)
- Scottsdale, Arizona (Scottsdale Fashion Square)
- Seattle, Washington (University Village) — Special appearance by Halo: Anniversary executive producer Dan Ayoub, community manager BS Angel and the 343 team
The events will run from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. local time, and fans can RSVP on Facebook for the nearest location.