Star Wars: Episode I is releasing theatrically in 3D this week, and it turns out the Kinect Star Wars release date isn’t that far behind. Well, in the geologic sense. LucasArts and Microsoft today announced that Kinect Star Wars will ship for Xbox 360 on April 3. And yes, it will be playable in 3D. We’ve played it for ourselves that way, and it rocks.
Along with the Kinect Star Wars game, a limited-edition Xbox 360 “Kinect Star Wars” console bundle will also be available on April 3 for $449.99 USD. The Xbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars console bundle will feature an exclusive C-3PO unlockable for Dance Mode.
With five dynamic modes — Jedi Destiny: Dark Side Rising, Podracing, Rancor Rampage, Galactic Dance Off and Duels of Fate — Kinect Star Wars makes it possible for Star Wars fans of all ages to delve into immersive Star Wars experiences. In addition to the previously announced Jedi, Podracing and Rancor modes, Xbox 360 and LucasArts have today unveiled new additions to the game, including:
- New experiences within Jedi Destiny Mode, including:
- Space battles: As you travel the Galaxy to face an evil that threatens to undermine the fabric of the Republic, you’ll engage with forces of the Empire in intense space battles
- Speeder Bikes and Landspeeders: Pilot iconic Speeder Bikes and Landspeeders on your epic journey
- New duels: Battle opponents like Count Dooku and Darth Vader on your journey to become a Jedi
- New Duels of Fate mode, a battle-by-battle experience to sharpen your Jedi skills against the Dark Side
- New Galactic Dance Off mode loaded with Star Wars-themed pop tunes where those still honing their Jedi skills can take a break to battle Darth Vader on the dance floor or bust a move “Solo style.”