With Battlefield 4 preparing to launch on the PS4 and Xbox One (and yes, other systems too), EA’s taking the opportunity to revamp the Battlelog system so the Battlefield 4 Battlelog installment is the most-advanced version to hit the franchise yet. A host of new features are outlined below, but one of the most valuable updates for hardcore BF4 fans is bound to be the level of social integration in the revamped Battlelog.
The changes EA and DICE are making to the Battlefield 4 Battlelog are being made with one sole purpose: to connect the Battlefield community from multiple devices both inside and outside the game itself. The changes are bound to inspire even more gamers to pre-order BF4 on Xbox One or via the PS4 Battlefield 4 Launch Day Bundle, which just became available again on Amazon and is one of only four ways remaining to get Sony’s next-gen console on the actual PS4 release date. These new BF4 Battlelog features include:
- Anytime, Anywhere – No matter where players go, Battlefield is always at their fingertips. Whether they’re heading home on the bus, taking a lunch break at work or lounging on the couch, players can log into Battlelog and check out their stats, interact with friends and much more from their smartphone, tablet, browser or directly through their console.
- Battlescreen – Battlelog is now more seamless, offering a coherent second-screen experience to give players the chance to better enhance their game. Whether it’s highlighting attack points on the mini map, keeping track of squad members or playing as the team’s Commander, every move made in Battlelog reflects directly back to the game in real-time.
- Real-Time Load Outs – Gamers can now switch their weapons, change their load outs and check their progression at any time, all with real-time results in-game. Players can also select servers or even launch a match from their devices, making the transition between game sessions easier.
- Missions – Want to find out who is the best tank destroyer is or who can capture the most bases? A brand-new feature called Missions will allow players to custom create challenges for their friends to compete. Battlelog will also notify players when they have been kicked out of the number one spot so they won’t miss a beat to boot back up and fight for the title.
- Geo Leaderboards – Battlelog is introducing targeted, geo-localized leaderboards that will allow players to not only compete with everyone in the Battlefield community, but with people in their city, in their country or on their continent. This is a great way for gamers to rank up while making new friends, or even adversaries, on the battlefield.
So, what do all these Battlefield 4 Battlelog updates look like in game? Glad you asked. Check out the video below: