Ubisoft at Gamescom will unveil an all-new IP currently in development for the next-gen consoles. Ubisoft’s Gamescom booth will give attendees hands-on time with two PS4 and Xbox One games, but the company’s teaser about a new next-gen IP is bound to get more traction on the rumor-rampant Internet.
Ubisoft revealed its lineup of games for Gamescom, including hands-on demonstrations for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag and The Crew. The publisher will also give visitors hands-on time with the Watch Dogs companion app, although it does not sound as though Ubisoft will let players get hands-on with Watch Dogs itself. At least there will be some time with two PS4 and Xbox One games, though.
When announcing its Gamescom lineup, Ubisoft also said it “plans to share details on a new next-gen IP currently in development during the show.” Neither the platform — PS4 or Xbox One — nor the genre was unveiled, but it will be interesting to see what the publisher has up its sleeve.
All told, Gamescom attendees will be able to play the following Ubisoft titles:
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag: The newest installment in the acclaimed Assassin’s CreedTM franchise where gamers will relive the Golden Age of Piracy and become Edward Kenway, a charismatic yet brutal pirate captain, trained by Assassins.
- The Crew: A revolutionary next-gen action-driving game to be released early 2014 and taking place in a massive open world version of the United States of America.
- Might & Magic Duel of Champions Online Card Game: An online strategy card game set in the fantastic Might & Magic universe. Players can choose a hero, build their deck, and defeat opponents in epic card battles.
- Might & Magic Heroes Online: A free-to-play strategy RPG game in which players control powerful Heroes and their armies, battling throughout the fantasy world of Ashan.
- Might & Magic X Legacy: An authentic solo experience in the classic first-person RPG genre, with a turn-based gameplay system. By creating and leading a group of adventurers in and around the exciting city of Karthal, and battling powerful mythical creatures while collecting ancient magical treasures, players will determine the fate of the Agyn Peninsula.
- The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot: A new free-to-play IP from Ubisoft Montreal for the PC that thrusts players into an outrageous medieval fantasy world called Opulencia where wealth, status and showboating are the name of the game.
- Rayman Legends: Ubisoft Montpellier’s unique platformer for up to four players, with stunning visuals and innovative gameplay featuring the classic hero and his friends.
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist: Sam Fisher returns as leader of 4th Echelon, an elite counter-terrorism unit armed with a new mandate to hunt down the masterminds behind The Blacklist, a series of deadly escalating attacks on U.S. interests. To stop the Blacklist countdown, gamers will choose the best way to face any challenge by tapping into Sam’s arsenal of lethal skills and training.
- Watch Dogs: The versus mode in the companion app, Watch Dogs – ctOS Mobile, will be available for fans to enjoy. In Watch Dogs, players will be immersed in a living, breathing and fully connected recreation of Chicago. Players will assume the role of Aiden Pearce, a new type of vigilante who, with the help of his smartphone, will use his ability to hack into Chicago’s central operating system (ctOS) and control almost every element of the city. The city of Chicago is now the ultimate weapon.
Uplay, Ubisoft’s cross-game, cross-platform service, will be inviting a number of fans to an invitation-only party on August 21st to enjoy the Ubisoft booth after hours, meet their favorite development teams and celebrate the games! 400 fast passes will also be distributed to Gamescom attendees, inviting them to enjoy VIP treatment at the booth: pass holders can skip the lines and get straight to the games. For fans who are unable to attend the event, a number of gifts will be up for grabs, and a special sale will be taking place on Uplay.